Voice-activated picking – or as it is sometimes called “hands-free, eyes free picking” – can offer significant improvements in accuracy and productivity that paper-based or RF-terminal-based picking can never match.
Here are some benefits of a voice-directed picking
- Increase picking accuracy, inventory accuracy and employee productivity
- Improve worker safety, by freeing a picker's eyes and hands
- Reduced new worker training time
- Increases job satisfaction for warehouse associates
- Eliminates cost of printing and distributing picking documents
- Increase customer satisfaction
So what should the 3PL operator look for when considering a voice-activated solution? First and foremost is flexibility. That is, the ability to define different sets of voice-activated picking rules for different customers, carriers, consignees, items, orders, locations and warehouses.